Brandpie is an exciting and dynamic creative consultancy with a diverse and highly experienced team located across Europe and North America (London, Berlin, Paris, New York, Toronto). We are world leaders in purpose-led transformation and work with some of the world's largest companies to help them grow their businesses through a unique, strategic blend of brand, culture and experience.
We pride ourselves in working in a smart, friendly and co-operative way that respects everyone’s time and is understanding of that fact that work, however important, is just one part of your life. Our culture aspires to be creative and nurturing, with open, transparent communication. We’re a diverse and strategic bunch, with a mix of doers and thinkers, and looking for someone who’s like-minded and pragmatic to help us deliver some great work.
At Brandpie everyone is trusted to take ownership of their own work and given significant responsibilities from day one. All leaders are hands-on with clients and projects, and everyone contributes to delivering projects. You’ll find this ability to work in partnership with senior leaders across the business will help your development and provide you with constant mentoring and learning experiences beyond your day-to-day.
We’re looking for an experienced, methodical yet creative user experience designer to join our growing Digital team. Alongside the CXO, you will be asked to own the user experience design responsibilities across client and internal projects. You’ll be working alongside our team of developers, visual designers, strategists, copywriters and highly experienced leadership team to create world-class solutions for our global clients.
As a key member of the growing Digital team, we’re looking for a team player who will work with the founding members to lead projects but also help develop and grow our vision of the business. Helping us deliver ever better experiences for clients but also evolve our own processes and approaches. This is a great opportunity for someone passionate about user experience design and creativity, who wants to be focused and active in design but also looking to grow responsibility and wider experience in a small team.
You should have a minimum of 7 years' experience with a background working within a creative, design-orientated environment and be comfortable leading the UXD aspects of a project to deliver a high-quality solutions.
What you’ll do:
- Lead the user experience design process from start to finish for our client and in-house projects
- Collaborate closely with clients and teams within Brandpie to research, define and design solutions for small and large-scale projects
- Be a thought leader for digital and user experience design across the business
- Take a lead in our small but nimble team. Working directly with the CXO to drive design quality and help forge ways to evolve our design approaches and processes
- When needed, support new business calls and pitches
- Promote collaborative work practices and identify opportunities to improve quality and increase efficiency through collaborative design
Skills you’ll need:
- Expertise in leading the user experience design of a project from start to finish
- Experience in delivering a range of projects; from small, rapid projects through to large-scale digital projects
- Expertise in researching and creating archetypes, personas, user journeys, wireframes, prototypes and information architecture
- Excellent knowledge of all aspects of the UCD approach and ability to apply this knowledge flexibly across a variety of project types
- Have strong presentation skills, visual and written. Confident explaining designs and solutions to the wider team and clients
- Experience working on projects across a range of mediums, including: mobile applications, responsive web, product and service design
- Confident in building and leading design workshops
- Expertise in industry standard design and prototyping tools – Figma, Sketch, Flinto etc.
- Understanding of good usability and accessibility practices
- Confident in using analytics and data tools to extract behavioural information – Google Analytics, Ahrefs, KISSMetrics etc
- Be a natural problem solver – asking the right questions to get to the answer
- Able to think strategically, creatively and conceptually
- Experience in more advanced UCD techniques (rapid prototyping, remote testing etc.) to improve efficiency in the user experience process and the quality of our solutions
- Fluent in English with a strong command of the language, both written and spoken
Skills that are nice to have:
- Previous experience in B2B projects
- Experience in user interface/visual design
- Experience with voice, AR/VR or IoT/hardware are a plus
- Degree or equivalent work experience in a related field, such as Interaction Design, Product Design, Industrial Design, Graphic Design etc
- Clear communicator: You have strong communication skills and are comfortable communicating and challenging ideas with clients and colleagues
- Team player: You love to generate fresh thinking and work with others, whether you are 1-1 or rolling your sleeves up with the broader team, you do your part to contribute to the creation of brilliant ideas and experiences
- Passionate: You are excited and passionate about user experience design and the benefits great design can offer our clients. Keeping up with the latest trends, new approaches and techniques to enhance our capabilities as a business
- Detail-oriented: You are able to manage multiple projects at once while maintaining attention to detail with each project.
- A self-starter: You’re comfortable working in a small team and taking the initiative to help drive projects forward. Even if this sometimes means you need to do something that’s not always expected from your role
PERKS AND BENEFITS
At Brandpie we believe supporting and helping everyone to grow as a team and an individual. We help do this through our comprehensive and competitive benefits package we offer:
- Generous reward package: We provide industry competitive salaries that reflect experience and ability. We anticipate the salary for this role will be between £50k-£65k per annum (depending on experience). We offer additional benefits including medical and life insurance, gym membership contributions and a company pension scheme.
- A competitive holiday package: You will start with 23 days annual leave, which increases by 1 day per year to a maximum of 28 days. Our business usually closes between Christmas and New Year, providing an additional 3 days leave.
- Wellbeing support: We believe it’s vital people have time to focus on their wellbeing (both physical and mental). From day one you will be provided with a comprehensive core and mental health cover (currently with Vitality Health), subsidized gym membership, partner rewards and discounts.
- Flexi-time and place: Like many businesses, we are now fully virtual and will remain so until at least the start of 2022. We will not insist that our people are office based and respect everyone’s individual preference. We encourage flexible work patterns and want our people to find a fair work/life balance they are comfortable with. We are also open to applicants who may prefer to work 4 days per week.
- Solid technology kit: On joining you will receive new IT equipment including a laptop (Mac or PC) and an external HD screen for your home set-up. We also provide a contribution towards your monthly utility bills while you are home-based.
- Personal development: We want you to learn and grow with us. You will have immediate access to LinkedIn Learning, which offers over 9,000 courses across the platform. Additionally, to make sure our people are up to date with our latest work, we do regular Knowledge Share sessions, and we will work with you to create a personal career development plan. We make a commitment that every member of staff has at least 1 day a month dedicated to PD.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
Brandpie is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, reward and promote regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.
Interested? Simply submit your CV and portfolio to Eva, our Global HR Manager.