Brandpie is an exciting and dynamic workplace, with a diverse team located across both New York and London. We’re looking for a talented designer to join our creative team and collaborate alongside creative directors, strategists, account managers and the executive leadership team. A minimum of three years’ experience is required.
The designer will work with the team to bring new brand identities and ad campaigns to life. Be it through art directing photography for ad campaigns, creating new and exciting logos and brand identities, concepting around animations or collaborating with our digital team to layout website designs for our clients, this designer must masterfully combine strong technical ability with creativity and aesthetic awareness.
This role offers a great opportunity to further develop a career in branding, advertising and digital, where you will be challenged to wear multiple hats, liaise with various departments across the organization, and have the opportunity to design across multiple channels and mediums.
You’ll also be trusted to take ownership of your work and will be giving significant responsibilities from day one.
Brandpie is an agency with little hierarchy. All leaders are hands-on with clients and everyone contributes to tasks. You’ll find this ability to work in partnership with senior leaders fast-tracks your development and provides you with constant mentoring and learning experiences. We work smart and in a friendly, co-operative way that respects everyone’s time and is understanding of that fact that work, however important, is just one part of your life.
Ours is a creative and nurturing culture with open, transparent communication.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Assist our team in the creation/evolution of visual identities for clients spanning various sectors and disciplines (VI systems resulting in websites, logo design, print and digital applications etc.) and ad campaigns (be it for television, digital, social, print, OOH etc.)
- Both pick up and design brand guidelines and create other materials based on established visual identities (ads, social posts, video infographics, video titles etc.).
- Serve as master of presentations – helping to build a growing business by designing pitch decks, findings decks, creds decks, and more with our strategic team.
- Have a multi-faceted design capacity to shift between various types of design work, including printed event collateral, presentation design, web design, video and more.
Qualifications and skills:
- A mid-level/intermediate: with previous professional team experience under your belt, and looking to take on a new and exciting potential-filled role.
- Design eyes: current in the latest trends and standards for all aspects of design, as well as visual culture in 2020.
- Technical: You are a master of the Adobe Creative Suite as well as Sketch and Keynote. Additional technical skills and proficiency in animation and prototyping software a plus.
- Collaborative: You love to brainstorm and work with others, whether you are 1-1 with an art director or rolling your sleeves up with the broader team, you do your part to contribute to the creation of a stunning idea, identity, experience or ad execution.
- Detailed-oriented: You are able to manage multiple projects at once while maintaining attention to detail with each project.
- A self-starter: always curious and excited to learn with one finger to the pulse of the latest trends in advertising and media
- Clear communicator: Strong communication skills and an ability to work remotely and independently with the ability to collaborate successfully during this new normal.
PERKS AND BENEFITS
We hope that we got you excited about the prospect of working for us! Now let us tell you more about our fantastic perks & benefits:
- Generous reward package. We provide industry competitive salaries that reflect experience and ability. The starting salary for this role will be between £30,000-40,000 per annum. We offer additional benefits including medical and life insurance, gym membership contributions and a company pension scheme.
- Time off. You will start with 23 days annual leave, which increases by 1 day per year to a maximum of 28 days. Our business usually closes between Christmas and New Year, providing an additional 3 days of leave.
- Flexible working. We encourage our people to organize their day as they see fit around work and personal commitments. We do not insist that our employees are office based and respect everyone's individual preference. You can work where you want to within reason. Our only ask is not to let our clients, your team and yourself down.
- Wellbeing support. We want everyone to focus on their wellbeing (both physical and mental). From day one you will be provided with a comprehensive core and mental health cover (currently with Vitality Health), subsidized gym membership, partner rewards and discounts.
- Personal development. We want you to learn and grow with us. We have developed a competency framework for each role at Brandpie. From your first day, we will work with you and help you develop your career plan. You will have immediate access to external training courses including an annual subscription to LinkedIn Learning, which offers over 9,000 courses across the platform. Additionally, to make sure our people are up to date with our latest work, we do regular Knowledge Share sessions.
- Top notch IT kit. We will provide new IT equipment including laptop and screen for your home set-up and we provide a contribution towards your monthly utility bills while you are home-based.
- Monthly gift box. Every month our employees receive a surprise gift box from us that's delivered straight to their doors. It's our way of saying Thank You for helping us to navigate through these strange times and ongoing contribution to Brandpie's success. As all gifts are purchased from small, local businesses, it's also our way of providing support to companies that have been hit the most during pandemic.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
Brandpie is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, reward and promote regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.